MH370 search zone shifts after 'credible new lead'

Posted by Unknown on Thursday, 27 March 2014

The search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will shift after "credible new leads" indicate the plane did not travel as far south into the Indian Ocean as first thought.


The Boeing 777 is thought to have crashed on March 8 with 239 people on board, after flying thousands of kilometres off course.


The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) says new information suggests flight MH 370 was travelling at a higher speed than previously thought, which would increase fuel use and cut the distance it could travel.


Ten aircraft and six vessels have been sent to the new location, just over 1,800 kilometres west of Perth


Prime Minister Tony Abbott says the new lead will be thoroughly investigated as experts from around the world work to solve the "baffling mystery".




more: MH370 search zone shifts after 'credible new lead'

The search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will shift after "credible new leads" indicate the plane did not travel as far south into the Indian Ocean as first thought.


The Boeing 777 is thought to have crashed on March 8 with 239 people on board, after flying thousands of kilometres off course.


The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) says new information suggests flight MH 370 was travelling at a higher speed than previously thought, which would increase fuel use and cut the distance it could travel.


Ten aircraft and six vessels have been sent to the new location, just over 1,800 kilometres west of Perth


Prime Minister Tony Abbott says the new lead will be thoroughly investigated as experts from around the world work to solve the "baffling mystery".


{ 0 comments... » MH370 search zone shifts after 'credible new lead' read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Popular Posts